So when we returned home to Austin (from Houston) last night, I just really didn't have it in me to be thoughtful or deliberate in terms of a blog post. However, I am here today to post my "Thankful Thursday" a day late (but hopefully not a dollar short).
As I am pondering all of the things I have to be thankful for on this day, I am immediately moved to simply put God's love and call it a day. BUT, since His love manifests itself in so many ways and through so many outlets in my life, it would be remiss of me to not list a few specific things I am grateful for during this Thanksgiving weekend.
1. my precious niece and her sweet laughter
2. parents who are still married and love each other after 30+ years of marriage
3. fousins who challenge me spiritually and encourage me biblically
4. countless opportunities to prepare home-cooked meals with family and friends
5. the beauty of God's awe-inspiring nature
6. a sister who shares life with me through all its ups and downs and loves me unconditionally
7. God's grace which never ceases to amaze me
8. a body that allows me to run, jump and most importantly, dance
9. music that speaks to my heart and makes my soul sing
What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving?