Friday, November 27, 2009

Thankful Thursdays (a day late)

So when we returned home to Austin (from Houston) last night, I just really didn't have it in me to be thoughtful or deliberate in terms of a blog post. However, I am here today to post my "Thankful Thursday" a day late (but hopefully not a dollar short).

As I am pondering all of the things I have to be thankful for on this day, I am immediately moved to simply put God's love and call it a day. BUT, since His love manifests itself in so many ways and through so many outlets in my life, it would be remiss of me to not list a few specific things I am grateful for during this Thanksgiving weekend.

1. my precious niece and her sweet laughter
2. parents who are still married and love each other after 30+ years of marriage
3. fousins who challenge me spiritually and encourage me biblically
4. countless opportunities to prepare home-cooked meals with family and friends
5. the beauty of God's awe-inspiring nature
6. a sister who shares life with me through all its ups and downs and loves me unconditionally
7. God's grace which never ceases to amaze me
8. a body that allows me to run, jump and most importantly, dance
9. music that speaks to my heart and makes my soul sing

What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving?

No comments: