Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Monday, July 21, 2008
- I love getting to wear flip-flops everyday
- I love throwing on shorts and a tank top vs. layers upon layers of coats and other superfluous articles of clothing
- I love walking outside barefoot, especially in the grass
- I love barbeques outside
- I love hanging out at the pool with a frosty beverage
- I love frosty beverages
- I love sitting on the patio for dinner
- I love sitting on the patio, period
- I love that with the summer, comes a casual laid-back attitude, not felt once fall hits and everyone's back in school and planning for the holidays
- I love going to the lake
- I love drinking ice cold lemonade (it only seems appropriate during the summer)
- I love the smell of people grilling in their backyard
- I love getting my drinks at Starbucks iced, instead of hot
- I love that the summer makes people want to linger outside after dinner instead of hurrying to their car
- I love the way the sun feels on my skin after I've been inside an icy building
- I LOVE SUMMER!
I could go on and on, but I will spare you (yes you, the ones that love winter and wish Texas had 4 real seasons). Just know, that the 1st time the temperatures dip below 70, I will most likely be shedding a tear...mourning the last days of summer...
Kori and I enjoying the pool
Enjoying some time at the Hula Hut on Lake Travis
Haylee on the 4th of July
Friday, July 18, 2008
I'm fully aware that I did not attend NYU to work in a bakery, but I have finally realized that the only person I need to please (in terms of my career), is myself. It has been a 4-year process, but I can finally say that I've come to peace with my place in life.
So here's to you and finding a job that you can honestly say you like! I truly hope each one of you finds it...
Monday, July 7, 2008
It all comes back to perspective. Sure, my little Honda Civic (who happens to bear the name
Andi) might not be anything compared to my neighbor's Porsche, but I have a car! So many people in this world cannot say that. I may not have True Religion jeans or Christian Louboutin heels, but I have so much clothing that I actually have to make a decision as to what to wear in the morning. My God - how many girls around the world would kill for such a predicament! How quickly most of us lose perspective when we are driving in our cars and miss a light, or we hear the alarm go off in the morning and immediately loathe the idea of going to work, or see our friend's new big-screen TV and immediately feel inferior...or worse...begin to resent them for it.
For all two of my readers, I encourage you to not only attempt to find this perspective, but to constantly remind yourself of it. I am so grateful that I live in this country, and I don't ever want to take it for granted. It is truly a blessing that not one of us deserves because we did nothing to earn it.