Life has been crazy, that's for sure. Life has been surprising...that's an understatement. And life has been beautiful because of God's grace -- a concept that I was raised on, but one that I failed to grasp for many (if not most) years in my life.
Since Biblical evidence shows that gratitude precedes miracles (shout out to One Thousand Gifts), I shall give God thanks for 31 blessings in my life. (Disclaimer that I started this post on my birthday and got about 1/100th of it done, so I'm just going to power through and finish it.)
So here they are, in no particular order:
1. These girls - so grateful to be their aunt.
2. The whole fam dam (as my Mimi would say) - grateful that I have two parents + a sister
3. My community - sweet girls who live life with me and point me to Christ
4. FOUSINS (friends + cousins = fousins) - they are one of my greatest blessings on this earth
7. the ability to dance
9. glorious Texas sky
10. a home to host others in
11. sweet summer time
12. good vino
13. parents who are still faithfully committed and married to one another
14. the opportunity to visit Italy
15. a job to pay those bills, bills, bills (yep, that's my work team - in all our glory)
16. breaking both my wrists and experiencing God's mercy and healing in the process
17. good, strong coffee
18. the gift of visiting Spain and France
20. living with a gracious roommate who is a constant encouragement in my life (and an amazing dancer to boot)
21. my super comfortable bed which my family claims is defective due to the slight dip in the center...hey, maybe I like it that way. Don't knock it 'til you try it.
22. music... and ears that can hear it
23. flowers... and eyes that can see them
24. the ability to cook and enjoy/taste food
25. good books (and the ability to read them)
26. have I mentioned these girls?! the best ever
27. my church home
28. my faithful car, Abbi, who is so good to me
29. any and all bodies of water
30. a dear sister to walk through my childhood (and the rest of my 30 years) with
31. God's grace and redemption in my life - no greater gift
I could go on and on, but in light of trying to actually publish a post, I will stop at my 31 years. I am SO undeserving of these gifts in my life, and yet, God has still bestowed His goodness on me.
James 1:17 - Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or [a]shifting shadow.