Monday, July 21, 2008

Summer love

No, don't be ridiculous, I'm not referring to a new boyfriend or any sort of romantic relationship. However, I am in love...with the summer. I'm sure I sound like a broken record to anyone who knows me, but I love everything about the summer and it actually makes me emotionally upset to even think about the winter - true story. I suppose it's no coicidence that I find myself living in the equivalent of the Sahara desert (otherwise known as Texas), but I am truly mystified that I ever survived the harsh, arctic conditions of New York City. Granted, my time there was fairly brief, but I will never forget the occasions where I just stood on the street crying because I was so physically cold. Yes, I am laughing out loud at myself as I'm writing this. I'm quite pathetic, so for now, let's focus on the positive: what I love about summer.
  • I love getting to wear flip-flops everyday
  • I love throwing on shorts and a tank top vs. layers upon layers of coats and other superfluous articles of clothing
  • I love walking outside barefoot, especially in the grass
  • I love barbeques outside
  • I love hanging out at the pool with a frosty beverage
  • I love frosty beverages
  • I love sitting on the patio for dinner
  • I love sitting on the patio, period
  • I love that with the summer, comes a casual laid-back attitude, not felt once fall hits and everyone's back in school and planning for the holidays
  • I love going to the lake
  • I love drinking ice cold lemonade (it only seems appropriate during the summer)
  • I love the smell of people grilling in their backyard
  • I love getting my drinks at Starbucks iced, instead of hot
  • I love that the summer makes people want to linger outside after dinner instead of hurrying to their car
  • I love the way the sun feels on my skin after I've been inside an icy building
  • I LOVE SUMMER!

I could go on and on, but I will spare you (yes you, the ones that love winter and wish Texas had 4 real seasons). Just know, that the 1st time the temperatures dip below 70, I will most likely be shedding a tear...mourning the last days of summer...

Kori and I enjoying the pool


Enjoying some time at the Hula Hut on Lake Travis


Haylee on the 4th of July

2 comments:

Peter and Anne said...

I miss swimming, but not the humidity that's for sure! Tell Kori she needs to start a blog so we can keep up with her and Jon too.

Meggers1021 said...

Rach! I love summer too!!! We need to do some more pools days soon, you have gotten me in the mood. Love you bunches!!!