Wednesday, November 18, 2009

a "swell" time

A couple weeks ago, I was informed I had "surprise" plans scheduled for this past Saturday. Always down for a good surprise, I resisted perusing the events section/citysearch website so I would not spoil the fun. I'm SO glad I resisted the urge because I was in complete and total shock to learn I had a ticket to see the "Swell Season" play at Palladium Ballroom.

For those of you who aren't familiar with the group name, they are from the movie Once. The movie is essentially about two musicians who have a fortiutous meeting which transpires into making amazing music resulting in recording an album, etc., etc. If you have not had the pleasure of viewing the movie, do yourself (and me) a favor and put it in your queue.

Back to the show...my friend Nicholas graciously took me to see said band and it was better than anything I expected.

They were exactly the way I envisioned them based on the movie. He was brilliant and she was meek, mild and completely unassuming. They played all the hits from the movie, a little Van Morrison AND some new material, which was pretty amazing. Since words cannot do them justice, please have a listen of the following videos from the show. (I urge you to play these since it took approx. five years to upload them. If you have a blog, you know exactly what I'm talking about.)




I am thrilled to have been able to see them play live. Thank you so much Nicholas for orchestrating the musical night!

No comments: