Thursday, November 12, 2009

dear mom.

To my mother on her birthday,

I know I have not always (or hardly ever) extended you grace. I know I have constantly taken you for granted and been unkind to you on numerous occasions. I know I rarely give you the credit you deserve for everything you do and have done for our family. I know I do not tell you or show you nearly enough how much I love you and how much Christ loves you.

BUT, on this day, I want to tell you and the (blog)world what I really know to be true about you. I know there is no one who has felt my pain in this imperfect life more than you. I know there is no one who have prayed more desperately for me than you. I know there is no one who works harder and more diligently than you. I know there is no one who has sacrificed more than you do on a daily basis, despite chronic pain and fatigue. I know, without a shadow of a doubt that you would lay down your life for me, and as scripture tells us, "there is no greater love than he that would lay down his life..."

I could go on, but I will be succinct so that my words do not lose their meaning or get shrouded in an incorrect perception of insincerity. For all the times I have failed to tell you and in all the ways I have failed to show, please know I love you.

I hope you have a very, very HAPPY BIRTHDAY! May this year in your life surpass all the years past. I pray for God to pour out indescribable joy and transcendent peace.

No comments: