Monday, July 6, 2009

let freedom ring

HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY USA!

made these red, white & blue beauties for the occasion (feel free to drool)

Despite its flaws and lack of sound judgment at times, I am very grateful to be a citizen of this great country and I am even more grateful for the men and women who selflessly devote their lives protecting our freedom and serving the ungrateful citizens that reside in the good 'ole U-S of A.

I spent the holiday weekend at "Kingsland Manor" (my new home away from home) doing all the mandatory July 4th activities: soaking up the sun, cooling off in the lake, eating, watching firewooks, spending time with family and eating some more. The weekend was fairly uneventful, but I loved getting to spend time with Lianna during her last few days of "singleness."

chillaxin' on the new dock with a good book

I think the highlight of the holiday weekend was watching all of the fireworks on the rooftop deck over the lake. There were so many different shows to look at, and a ton of random fireworks being launched at different homes on the lake. I felt like my neck needed to be on a turntable, because I kept whipping it around so I wouldn't miss anything.

I headed home early yesterday to spend some time with 3 of my best girls: my sis, "Pearl" and Mere-bear. I got to spend a lazy afternoon with them and enjoy some tasty July 4th barbeque leftovers.

I hope y'all have a very patriotic holiday weekend filled with food, fun and fireworks. Happy birthday America, and may God bless this year in your life!

No comments: