Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Tasty Tuesdays: 4th edition

Greetings friends and happy Tuesday to you all! I'm coming at ya with another rockin' recipe that is sure to please a crowd. It's one of my old "go-to" recipes because it's super quick, easy and doesn't require a hand mixer.

I should let you know a version of this recipe is commonly referred to as "Hello Dollies." I'm calling the following recipe "my version," because the original includes coconut and pecans. Mine eliminates those 2 aforementioned ingredients and adds glorious peanut butter chips. Hello amazing!

Rachel's version: Well Hello Dollies!

2 C of graham cracker crumbs
1 stick of butter
3/4 bag chocolate chips
3/4 bag peanut butter chips
1 can of sweetened condensed milk

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Line 9 x 13 pan with non-stick/release foil
3. Melt butter and pour into pan
4. Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs into pan and press down evenly to form a "crust"
5. Scatter chocolate and peanut butter chips over the graham cracker base (feel free to add more or less - experiment with different chips or combos)
6. Pour the whole can of sweetened condensed milk over the bars.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes

I like to pre-cut my bars into small bite-size pieces so people don't feel bad when they grab 3 or 4 (or 8). Enjoy and definitely stay posted for my first wedding weekend post. It will be up before the end of the day.

No comments: