Monday, July 27, 2009

happy blogiversary to me + my 100th post

Happy blogiversary to me.

Happy blogiversary to me.

Happy blogiversary, dear abundant life.

Happy blogiversary to ME!




Granted, it's a few days late, but I really wanted to do this post to celebrate the 2nd anniversary of my blog. July 23, 2009 was the official date, but I found myself a tad busy to prepare a proper post. Being the gracious readers you are, I know you will forgive the delay.

Coincidentally, this celebratory post also marks my 100th post. What are the odds?

Of the 100 posts, some have been reflective, some have been frivolous, some have been informative, some have been in praise of others, but overall, most have been personal journal entries of my life that I have chosen to share with you, my loyal readers.

Speaking of my readers, while I'm sure my max readership is capped at about 20 people, it is always so fun to run into someone and have them comment on my blog. In my head, I'm thinking, I had no idea you even knew I had a blog. It is such an honor that anyone would even spend 2 seconds reading my words.

As I stated in one of my inaugural posts, most people start blogs to document their engagement, their wedding, their pregnancy, their move across country, their married life w/kids, etc. However, I think we all know I am not documenting any of those life stages. Rather, I actually started this blog as a means to write. Some of you may not know this, but I have always loved to write. In fact, I started writing short stories as a child, and one of my most notable works was "The Magic of Dolls." It was a fictional tale where my dolls came to life. A couple weeks ago, I found the original draft, complete with illustrations, as I was cleaning out some boxes at my parent's house. Let me know if you'd like a copy...

Through this blog, I have rediscovered my love for writing. It has gradually become one of my greatest sources of joy. I have been given an outlet to express myself through the English language which I happen to adore. I love words, and I think we do a great disservice when we limit our vocabularies to such a small percentage of the dictionary. I have grandiose ideas of returning to a time where individuals spoke eloquently and chose their words deliberately and purposefully. Alas, I digress once more.

The point is that I love writing this blog, and I hope at some point, the words have brought encouragement, joy, peace or just a much-needed laugh. Most of all, amidst all of the pictures, mindless rants and superfluous baked goods documented on this blog, I ache for you and hope there has been a post that pointed you to Christ and His ever-present, captivating, relentless love. There is nothing on earth that can satisfy apart from Him. There is no such thing as abundant life without the Giver of all gifts.

Cheers to 2 years and 100 posts! I'll leave you with a few pics of my favorite toasts.

a toast fit for 2 years
a bellini toast
a three-beverage cheers

4 comments:

Peter and Anne said...

I think you should post your doll story. AND the illustrations.

Meggers1021 said...

That cake looks yummy!!!

RL said...

the cake was yummy when i ate it...unfortunately, it's an old pic so it was not enjoyed on my blogiversary.

as for the story (with illustrations), don't tempt me...ha ha

Anonymous said...

Nature's penis sizegenetics come in shapes and sizes. Some are only an inch long while others is up to two feet in length. Some are S shaped while others are L shaped.While penis sizegenetics are still used today for clothing decoration, their utilization as toothpicks, at minimum in Westernized countries has been largely stopped. However, these are generally still used, today, as toothpicks in other parts of one's world. Typically, these sizegenetics are very strong and should be sharpened to bring about long-lasting, strong, and hardy toothpicks.
http://sizegenetics-reviewx.tumblr.com/