Friday, July 31, 2009

congrats are in order

Happy Anniversary Nick & Michelle!

Exactly five years ago on this day, July 31, my sister and Nick were pronounced husband and wife. Can you believe those two crazy kids were just 23 and 24 years old when they tied the knot? (Just in case anyone is keeping track, that is two and three years younger than my current age...but who's counting, right?)

I still remember the day of her wedding (and those days leading up to it) so vividly, and I have truly never seen my sister look so beautiful. She was positively radiant and her inner glow nearly blinded me (cue the track: "blinded by the light, wrapped up like a...").

sadly, this is the only kodak moment from the big day I have saved on my laptop

While there were definitely some stressful moments (MIA flowergirl) and some mishaps (unity candle...enough said) along the way, it was a lovely wedding and a rockin' reception.

Everything, from the flowers to the dress to the dinner to the band to the cake to the reception site and beyond, was all top-notch. So much so, in fact, that I still fiercely contend she (as in my precious sister) spent both of our wedding budgets, but let's be frank, yours truly isn't headed down the aisle any time soon so not to worry about that. Talk about putting the cart before the horse.

Pardon my nostalgic trip down memory lane, but I didn't have a blog back in 2004 so I'm indulging myself a bit with this mini-blog post of the blessed event.

In addition to surpassing the length of 99.9% of unions made via Hollywood, their marriage has also produced two of my most favorite girls in the world: my nieces!!! Haylee Grace is the love of my life, and Meredith Hope is my little cuddle bug senorita.

Cheers to FIVE years and here's to another half-decade!

As an aside, I will most likely edit this post later to add some pics (for your viewing pleasure, of course), but as I am not on my laptop, that will simply have to wait.

P.S. Does anyone have a favorite memory from Nick and Michelle's wedding? If so, please comment. Mine would have to be dancing with my whole family to "Mustang Sally." I distinctly recall demanding my mother to "ride it!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your sweet words, sissy! I'd have to say, hands down, dancing the night away was my favorite memory. However, I do have a funny moment that stands out in my mind. That would be when I tossed my bouquet so hard that it landed on a table clear across the room - ha, ha!

Anonymous said...

Rachel - you are an increditbly gifted writer... I still contend that , that is your calling.... I am overwhelmed by your gift. mom