Monday, June 22, 2009

well you say it's your birthday...

It's my birthday too! Okay...not really, but I really needed to finish the lyric. Sue me.

Anyway, this past Wednesday, I helped celebrate the beginning of Nick's 28th year on this earth. I spent the night before prepping the celebratory feast. Once I got off work, I headed over to my sister's house and worked fast and furiously to finish my preparations on dinner, which included maple mustard-glazed salmon over brown rice, balsamic green beans w/carmelized onions and roasted sweet potatoes with a brown sugar glaze.

the plated meal


And of course, no birthday would be complete without something sweet to adorn with flaming candles. (Aren't traditions so strange sometimes?) I made Nick a chocolate chip cookie cake w/homemade buttercream icing. And I definitely got crafty with the decor. I look any excuse to dye icing and bust out a piping bag - woo hoo!

the birthday boy with his cake (and pearl)

haylee with her favorite food (cake)


All in all, it was a good night and I hope Nick enjoyed the meal. Happy birthday again Nick!

michelle, mere-bear and me

No comments: