Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to a Dad who taught me how to drive a standard, always "saw me off" and made my bagel every morning (even when I had to leave at 6:45 in the AM and was total crabcake central), relentlessly tried to teach me how to play golf, fixed breakfast on Saturday mornings for Michelle and I (banana pancakes, waffles, french toast, "homemade" donuts), played countless games of tickle monster, beat me in numerous rounds of horse, always let me drive him around on the golf cart, never let me win at board games, taught me how to tightly pack a suitcase, let us play with his hair and put clips & bows in it, and the list goes on...

the pops with his girls

It is from him I inherited my blue eyes, "broken" nose, razor sharp wit (ha), fierce competitive nature and love for the theatrics. He went to all of my gymnastic and (most of my) cheerleading competitions, and always claimed he had hoped for only girls before and during my mom's pregnancies. He's the one I always call when I'm in trouble and need help.

do you see the resemblance?

Most of all, he has shown me that a real, Godly man takes responsibility for the error of his ways, and that true repentance is evidenced through actions, not merely words. Since he is human, he is by no means perfect, but he is the only man to ever win my heart and never ceases to make me feel like a princess.

popalla with the original rachie

I love you Dad - Happy Father's Day!

Love,

Rachie

1 comment:

♥ ♥ ♥ said...

That was such a great post, Rach!