Thursday, June 25, 2009

lockdown.

So I'm sitting at my desk at approximately 9:45 in the AM, doing a whole lot of very busy and important things (clearly), when all of the sudden, crazy lady (AKA a woman who works in my office suite) comes running through the main corridor saying (more like yelling) something along the lines of "WE'RE ON LOCKDOWN. ENACT SAFE SHELTER!!!!!!!"

Naturally, I am awakened from my mind-numbing, computer-induced coma long enough to contemplate what the hezzie is going down. Being the eternal optimist I am, I immediately have visions of some angry student going AWOL because we told him he needed 3 hours of upper-level accounting in order to graduate (this interaction may or may not have occurred during business hours yesterday).

I'm starting to get a bit antsy because everyone in the office keeps receiving an insane amount of phone calls from the university with vague messages somewhere along the lines of: "There is a campus emergency. Stay in your building. Do not go outside. Please activate 'safe shelter' procedures." That's it. That's all they say. And I'm like, "thanks a heap coyote ugly." ("This cactus gram stings worse than your abondment." That was for the fousins - hope y'all are reading).

Well, after about 15 minutes of this RE-diculousness, we finally learn that this "emergency," this life threatening lockdown emergency, was a gas leak outside. Are you freaking kidding me? Suffice it to say, I was more than a tad miffed. Here I was, having my life flash before my eyes, when all we were dealing with was a little gas. Well, that just burns my britches.

Hope y'alls Thursday was a bit less uneventful!

P.S. In case you didn't notice, tomorrow is FRIDAY! Holler!

No comments: