Saturday, June 6, 2009

a fresh start

Well friends, as you may have noticed, the old blog has received a makeover and a new title. Over the past couple of weeks, the title of my blog has started to bother me. Now, I know this might be a bit deep/introspective for a blog (took the words right out of your mouth didn't I), but the more I contemplated my blog's title, the more I felt it needed to be changed.

Granted, most of my blog's content consists of the details of my life and my opinions on things which I really have absolutely no authority to speak on. However, I decided I didn't want to live in a "world according to me." Instead, I wanted to focus on living the "abundant life" Christ has given me in this temporary world. This is based on the Bible verse that "Christ came so that we might have life, and have it more abundantly." I know this will come as quite a shock to you, but I actually don't have all of the answers. In fact, I have very few answers. The only thing I am sure of in this life is that we are here to love and serve others, and it is through this service that those around us will be pointed to Christ. What an incredible charge we have, and what a poor job I have been doing.

But...this post isn't about feeling guilty, it really is about my new title. It is my deepest desire to point others to the adundant life we have been given through Christ alone. It is not achieved "by actions so that none can boast."

So, there you have it. That is the meaning behind my new title. Thoughts???

No comments: