Monday, June 29, 2009

Tasty Tuesdays: 2nd edition

Well, since I'm posting a 2nd edition, can I preemptively claim that this new feature isn't a complete and total failure?

I'm back with another edition of Tasty Tuesdays. Today's recipe is relatively new, but it was well received by my veggie-hating sister, so I take that as a resounding success. I did find the recipe on myrecipes.com (great site), but as per usual, I modified it to my specifications.

"Fresh from the garden" green bean salad

1 pkg. fresh (or frozen) green beans
2 tomatoes (chopped)
1/2 yellow onion (chopped)
2 T dijon mustard
1 T balsamic vinegar
2 T apple cider vinegar
1 t salt
1 t pepper
1/2 T sugar

1. Cook green beans and place in a bowl of ice cold water.
2. While they are cooling, combine the mustard, vinegars, salt, pepper and sugar in a medium sized bowl. Stir with a whisk until thoroughly mixed.
3. Drain green beans and pat dry with a paper towel.
4. Add green beans, tomatoes and onion to the dressing and stir to coat evenly.
5. Chill until ready to serve.

And there you have it. I know it's not super fancy or uber original, but if you need to bring a cool side to your next barbeque (hello 4th of July in just a few days), definitely give this recipe a try!

Until next week's Tasty Tuesday, here's to good eats and sweet treats!

No comments: