Monday, June 29, 2009

happy birthday friend.

Yesterday, I helped celebrate the birth of my dear friend Kori.

Kori and I became good friends around the time I graduated from high school. Despite the fact we both went away to school (Missouri and New York), we still managed to stay best friends through college and after graduation. I have so many fun memories with her including her 2 trips to visit me in New York (hello Hairspray, Rent, Nine, The Lion King, the shopping, the food), our trip to Las Vegas, our times on the infamous Serious Pleasure, lots of ice cream, even more shopping trips, the visits to Lyric @ Tech, our long chats at Starbucks, gosh the list is endless...

the birthday girl and me, attempting to cool off in the pool

Anyway, on to the festivities. We spent the day lounging in the (94 degree) pool, and sipping some yummy drinks. After a few hours in the sun, we were treated to a tastebud tantalizing meal of grilled salmon, oven roasted vegetables and grilled peaches...amazing. It was all so delicious. I ate way more than my stomach could comfortable hold, and of course, I also had to eat the cookie cake with icecream and sprinkles... ha ha.

I'm so glad I got to be a part of the birthday celebration, and it was so fun to hang out with the birthday girl and all the rest of her family whom I love and don't get to see nearly enough. Thanks for letting me be a part, and here's to your 26th year, Kori. I hope it is blessed with a joy that's overflowing and a peace that surpasses all understanding.

No comments: