Monday, January 25, 2010

monday morning encouragement

This is probably more for my benefit than any of my readers, but I was feeling in need of some encouragement this morning and who better to turn to than the apostle Paul? I was reminded of the verse below from a Join the Journey e-mail and it really spoke volumes to me.

As Paul said to the Romans, "For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Romans 8:38-39

If God's love is truly the only thing I need to sustain me and nothing can separate me from it, then what do I really have to worry about? What do I have to fear in this life? What worldly measures should define me? What past sin should I feel in bondage to? What aspect concerning the future should I be apprehensive about?

No created thing can come between me and the love of the Father. Nothing in the past, nothing in the present and nothing in the future. His grace covers it all.

No comments: