Monday, January 4, 2010

Gingerbread Throwdown: Battle of the Sexes

The night following the Jingle Mingle, I donned my tackiest Christmas sweater (thank you Kori), got pumped up with Harry Connick Jr.'s Christmas CD and put my gingerbread skills to the test. Check out that hot number.



You may remember last year's throwdown from my blog and I wish I could say a year has improved my construction prowess, but sadly, this is not the case. We had all the necessary components: gum drops, skittles, M&Ms, sprinkles, pretzels, marshmallows, lifesavers, gum balls, smarties, licorice and several different icing options.



Unfortunately, despite having a wealth of options, I was seriously lacking focus and vision. I just wanted to mill around the food, take copious amounts of photos (shocker) and observe everyone else's handiwork.




When I finally buckled down and got busy, I ended up creating this 3-story green and pink "masterpiece." I know it wasn't my best effort, but it was all I could come up with at the time. I think I was lacking the proper soundtrack (Harry Connick Jr.) to inspire me.



After surveying the finished products, I would have to say the girls definitely won...but I reckon I'm a wee bit biased.





Win or lose, it was great fun making gingerbread houses with such a fun group!


No comments: