Friday, January 15, 2010

feelin' fine in '09: the life and times of the year that flew by

Is it just me or did 2009 feel like half a year? Don't get me wrong. SO much happened this past year and it was literally jam-packed with birthday celebrations, weddings, showers, births, milestones and list goes on and on. BUT, it feels like we just rung in the 2009 year.

Since we have bid 2009 adieu, I would like to properly send it off by recapping the highlights and giving you the sordid details of how I said farewell (i.e. what I did on New Year's Eve). So, here goes nothing:

1. I started 2009 off right by hosting brunch at the 2-1-1. It was a delicious start to a new year.




2. celebrated Valentine's Day with a weekend trip to Austin



3. completed (albeit less than successfully) my first race: the Cowtown 5K


4. celebrated my Dad's and roomie's birthdays




5. had adventures in Pine Cove




6. attended a shower in the gardens




7. got lost in an afternoon in wonderland


8. hosted a Pretty in Pink shower for my sister and baby girl #2



9. blessed with the birth of my 2nd niece, Miss Meredith Hope!!!




10. enjoyed the first of many weekends at my fousin's lakehouse




11. took the blog in a new direction with a new name and Abundant Life was born

(not really a photo op with this happening)

12. launched the Tasty Tuesdays concept on my blog




13. attended the wedding festivities of Lianna and Ed









14. found out Brookie was preggo


15. participated in my first culinary throwdown




16. found out my "little" cousin Lianna was preggers


17. threw Meg's bachelorette party


18. served as a bridesmaid in the wedding of Meagan and Bryan


19. made a LOT of these







20. toured my first "winery" and tasting



21. traveled back in time to Old Hollywood for my birthday



22. blew out the candles on yet another year


23. attended a fiesta for Pearl's (Haylee's) 3rd birthday


24. hosted a Caddyshack bash for Meg's birthday


25. celebrated a major milestone, Michelle's 30th birthday, with a classy affair




26. dressed up as a fairy and danced 4 hours straight on Halloween


27. took on and completed two challenges in the month of November: National Blog Posting Month and the Thanksgiving Challenge

(no real photo op on this one either)

28. threw down Thanksgiving style with the fousins




29. toasted the anniversary of China's life on this earth (i.e. her birthday)


30. hosted the 2nd Annual Jingle Mingle


31. celebrated the birth of Christ with the family God has graciously blessed me with





32. attended 2 showers for my cousin, Lianna and baby on the way (Sophia Rose)




33. brought in the New Year with precious friends




34. found out this girl is PREGNANT!!!



Yes, the final one is the official announcement on my blog if you haven't already seen it on hers and her sister's. I cannot believe my best friend is having a baby, but I could not be more thrilled for her and Jon. What an amazing way to start the new year!!!

Here's to 2010. May every word we speak and every action we take seek to further the kingdom of God.

John 10:10

No comments: