Thursday, October 1, 2009

happy new year (to me)

Yes, that's right, yesterday marked the beginning of a new year in my life. Instead of saying Happy Birthday to me, I thought it was equally appropriate to wish myself a Happy New Year. This is not my birthday post as that is a rather daunting task and I'm not prepared for the undertaking at the moment. It was a perfectly lovely day and I'm blessed beyond measure.

I did, however, want to take a brief moment to acknowledge the start of a new year which prompts me to reflect over the past year in my life and look ahead to the future. What would I like to change? What would I like to improve? How can I be a better friend, sister, daughter and aunt? (That's a rhetorical question. No reponse necessary...ha ha) How can I pursue Christ in a way that would point others to Him as opposed to drive them away? How can I make God famous?

I know in the end, no matter what job I have, how successful I may (or may not) be or how much intelligence I acquire, it is all fruitless if I have neglected to pursue the author and finisher of my faith. So may this year's prayer be for perspective. May I cease to lose perspective when life happens. It is simple, but could be ground-breaking.

No comments: