Monday, October 26, 2009

a caddyshack bash

Two weekends ago (yes, I'm a bit behind), I helped host Meagan's Caddyshack-themed 26th birthday party. I've been dying for an excuse to go argyle-crazy for a while now, so the golf theme has been a long time coming. I'm glad Meg agreed to it for her theme!

Here's the wording from the invite:

Put on your plaid pants and argyle sweater vest,
to make sure you're dressed in your golfing best.

Making a bird or eagle is fun,
but celebrating Meg's birthday is like a hole in one.

This course is free of trees, ponds and sand
and the company promises to be very grand.

So choose where you'll play, the front or back nine,
By the end of the night, we'll all be feelin' fine!


On the day of the party, I followed the instructions and got dressed in my "golfing best" and scooted on over to Meagan's to set up. Crystal was gracious enough to lend a hand, and with her help, we got everything ready in no time. The balloons were blown up, the streamers were strung and the putting game was plugged in. All we needed were our fellow golfers to get the party started.





Once people started arriving (in their festive get-up), we wasted no time digging into the spread and toasting the birthday girl. Party nibbles included queso, 7-layer dip, pizza rolls, pigs in a blanket, spicy shrimp, black bean and corn salad, edamame, veggies and dip, popcorn and cookies. I went back for seconds...or maybe fifths.






The putting game was a huge hit and the dance party out on the deck outside was pretty rockin'.



And of course, what's a party without a cake made by yours truly? I made Meagan's favorite amaretto cake with cream cheese icing.




Meagan also made Irish coffee for a late night pick-me-up. It was a great idea and definitely gave me the caffeine buzz I needed to dance the night away. All in all, I had a great time and hope the birthday girl enjoyed herself.




Happy 26th Meg! I hope this year's a real "hole in one!"

No comments: