Tuesday, September 4, 2012

TDOC: day 3 and 4

In case the acronym is throwing you off, TDOC is short for Thirty Days of Celebration.  I shall now refer to this post series as such, so consider yourself informed.  I'm only four days in and I'm thinking this rigorous posting might be a bit of a challenge, but we shall see...

Day 3

Yesterday, I celebrated life and my birthday month with a wonderful visit from one of my dearest and oldest friends.  What better way to celebrate my life than with someone who has been by my side for nearly 22 years of it?  The person I speak of is Crystal and she graced me with her presence Monday eve where we enjoyed this spread of fruit, brie, crackers and a touch of bubbly:


Not only was the visit celebratory in itself, but I also received a double-blessing in that she prayed over me before I left.  Her words lifted up to Lord brought me such peace and I was overwhelmed with thanks to God for her presence in my life and how she has displayed His incarnate love.  Day 3, major check!

"And that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God." Ephesians 3:17-19


Day 4

I celebrated day four (today) with a cream cheese kolache from the Czech Stop in Waco.  Normally, I would have something super boring and practical for breakfast such as oatmeal or yogurt.  However, in honor of TDOC, I got really crazy and ate something sugary and completely void of any nutritional value.  (Side note: I have a feeling this might be repeated again during this thirty days, possibly in the form of a donut.)

Sadly, there is no photo documentation of said kolache, but I think you can picture it in your head.  Treat for breakfast=day four of celebration.

"Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come." 2 Corinthians 5:17

No comments: