Thursday, December 3, 2009

sleighbells ring, are you listenin'?

In the lane, snow is glistenin'.

A beautiful sight. We're happy tonight.

Walkin' in a winter wonderland.


Clearly, I am loving starting my posts with random song lyrics. What can I say? I'm a musical girl at heart. Too bad I can't sing or play any instrument...but that's neither here nor there.

The point of this post is to document the delightful winter scene outside my door yesterday morning.


No, your eyes don't deceive you. That is a blanket of snow covering my "backyard."

I thought I was hallucinating when I saw what I thought were rather substantial snowflakes swirling down from the sky. Surely we weren't in the midst of a winter storm. Where were the weather reports? I heard nothing about snow in the day's forecast.

Clearly, this was an unexpected little treat to get us in the Christmas spirit...and it was successful. I was delighted and tickled pink at the discovery and even launched a couple snowballs across the parking lot whilst cleaning off Andi. I think the "responsible" guy trying to get to work on time was fairly amused.

Unfortunately, the beautiful scene did not last long as it quickly melted. But twas quite lovely while it lasted. Now we're just left to deal with the cold...boo!

No comments: