The rules are...
1) Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design.
2) Show the 7 winners names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing them that they were tagged...
3) List at least 10 honest things about yourself.
Not only does Brooke update her blog more than anyone I know, she also posts like 5 million pictures that accompany each post. I only have the patience to attach 2 or 3 images because I get so tired of waiting for them to upload...kudos!
Kori just launched her blog and it already puts my blog to shame big time! I still can't even figure out how to do something cool with my layout and hers has all the bells and whistles like it was nothing. Wow wowie wow...impressive!
Lyric's blog is definitely an ode to her baby boy, Cole. I love reading about the new things he is doing or has accomplished as he's growing up. She also always has the cutest pictures and has an awesome layout as well.
Meg's blog cracks me up a lot of the time with her sometimes random posts. Case in point: her recent posting that Limu has a new energy drink. Nonetheless, I love her detailed story-telling and all of her pics that she posts!
Since Peter & Anne moved to Canada, this is the only way I keep up with what is going on in their lives. I like how Anne mixes both random posts and updates on their life.
Okay, so I only did 5 blogs, but seriously, who's counting???
So, I know the suspense is killing you. Can I get a drumroll please...here's 10 honest things about myself:
1. If left to my own vices, I could most likely consume a jar of salsa per day. I put it on everything: vegetables, salads, fish, chicken, chips, crackers, eggs -- the list goes on! Crystal and Meagan think it's disgusting, but I remain unaffected. I shall continue to use superfluous amounts of salsa, and I don't care what you say!
2. I played volleyball and basketball in middle school. If you know the kind of "athlete" I am, you would realize how HI-larious this is. I'm pretty sure they let everyone play.
3. I L-O-V-E, LOVE to bake and love all baked goods. I'm not sure which is more fun, the baking or the eating...probably the eating. Whether it's muffins, quick breads, cookies, cupcakes, brownies or cake w/LOTS of icing, I'm a fan! Although if I had to pick one baked good to indulge in, it would definitely be my amaretto cake with cream cheese icing. If left alone, I could probably take down the entire thing...YIKES!
4. I can't sleep in beds with other people. True story. I don't know if this precludes me from marriage, but perhaps separate beds are an option? I don't like people touching me, or breathing on me, or getting anywhere close to me while I'm asleep. It's just not my thing. I have a phobia. I'm there to sleep. Period.
5. I, like 3 of my closest friends (Kori, Crystal and Hailey), am left-handed. However, I only do 2 things exclusively with my left hand: eating and writing. (Notice how I listed eating first. Apparently, that takes priority over writing in my head.) I throw right-handed, bat right-handed, play tennis right-handed, put on mascara with both hands...you get the idea.
6. One of my favorite hobbies is bargain shopping. I don't think there is anything more fun than searching out a bargain. Getting awesome suede boots for $15, jeans for $10, shirts for $5, wall art for $4, riding boots at the thrift store for $3 -- it's all so thrilling! I refuse to pay full price for anything, and I wish I could somehow make a living doing just this.
7. Taking a cue from Brooke, I'm ready to admit that I go as long as possible without washing my hair. This means I always have a container of baby powder on hand to facilitate this endeavor. If I could just wash my hair and go to bed, we'd be golden. However, I actually have to dry it and attempt to do something with it. Frankly, this requires too much effort and I'm not down.
8. On that note, I will also take a cue from Kori and admit that I don't wash my face at night. Gasp if you will, but I do what works for me - plain and simple. Washing my face every single night would really dry it out, so I choose to forgo this ritual.
9. I am fiercely competitive. If you know me, this comes as no surprise and it is nothing new. Growing up, I was notorious for throwing the Candy Land cards across the room if I didn't win. Things haven't changed. I can't stand losing. It doesn't matter if it's a game of tennis, a bet or a friendly game of Catch Phrase. Losing is unacceptable and I hate it.
10. I have a dream. No, it's not for something selfless like world peace. My dream is that I can put on my tennis shoes and take off running without feeling like I'm going to die. I don't aspire to run a marathon or anything crazy like that. I just want to jog for about 2-3 miles without going into cardiac arrest, that's it. However, I'm convinced that my lungs are underdeveloped so I don't know if this will ever happen.
Well, that's it my friends! Maybe you learned something. Maybe you didn't. Maybe you laughed or maybe you were totally grossed out. Either way, if you're reading these concluding sentences, you were at least entertained enough to make it to the end. You're welcome!