Thursday, January 15, 2009

New Year's Rockin' Eve

At my old age, it should come as no surprise that I have come to the mind-numbing realization that New Year's Eve is just another day/night. Yes, I know many of you might still plan for a rockin' time and place all your bets that this year will be the most amazing night, but let's be honest here for a second. The night never really pans out the way you imagined, and all you're left with is a defective party blower and some really cheesy (but infinitely awesome) glittery glasses. So...that being said, I am pleased to inform you, my loyal reader, that this new year's eve was just fine, thank you.

I was graciously adopted into Meagan & Bryan's plans which included an amazing dinner at Truluck's complete with champagne and party paraphanelia. (I had the crab cake if anyone's interested.) We then toasted the east coast new year at Brad's condo, and toasted the "real" new year at one of Bryan's friend's home. Here are a couple pics of the night.


Meagan, me and Crys


Meagan and I modeling our awesome 2009 shades

The next morning, we had planned on hosting our 2nd annual new year's day brunch, but we woke up to a power outage...awesome! Nevertheless, I was determined to make my monkey bread. Therefore, I hustled over to Meg's house to pop it in the oven at which point, I was informed that we had regained power. We had a houseful, but the brunch was still a success. We feasted (or gorged ourselves) on quiche, monkey bread, blueberry muffins, fruit salad, yogurt parfaits, mimosas and white russians. There was also a few rounds of catch phrase thrown into the mix. All in all, it was a smashing good time had by all. Here are a couple kodak moments from the morning.


The girls on New Year's morning


Our brunch spread

No comments: