Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Doin' some things...

Hola friends! My apologies for the lengthy span of time between posts. I know you have been dying to read some more nuggets of wisdom from your old pal, but alas, I've been "doin some things" so I will fill you in on the latest in my life and I'll get to a more serious/thought-provoking post tomorrow. :)

Last week, Brooke graced P-town with her presence for almost a whole week! We (the 211) had her over for dinner on Thursday night. The yummy dinner included a shrimp and chicken dish (made by yours truly), balsamic green beans w/carmelized onions, corn, spinach appetizers, crudites and plenty of wine. After dinner, a serious game of Catch Phrase was enjoyed by all. Brookie also made her infamous "pizookie" (sp.?) dessert and dished out heaping helpfuls guaranteed to make us go "yogging" the next day. Wow, I'm such a dedicated athlete! Anyway, it was a lot of fun and I'm so glad we were all able to get together.


piled on meg's back, just like old times


brookie, crys, meg and me

Saturday night, Meg hosted a good, old-fashioned slumber party at her house. She had her nieces, nephew and brother over and invited us girls to join the fun. There was fondue, chips, candy, cupcakes...all the junk food you need. I brought Haylee over with me to take part. She was a little aprehensive at first, but warmed up to the kids pretty quickly. She also loved going up and down the stairs which made it so much fun for her aunt...right! We watched Cars, Madagascar and even had a mini dance party -- good times! Here are a couple pics from the night.


the little stinker in all her glory


the party crew

For Super Bowl Sunday, our community group combined with a guys community group to have one big super bowl party. The girls decided that we would all wear t-shirts from our college days. It was fun to represent NYU basketball, but unfortunately, the "real" team I was rooting for did not win. Nonetheless, we had a great time and I feel really blessed to be in community with such amazing people!!! Here is a pic of the group:



That's it for now! I've been such a busy little bee that I've been slacking big time on my posts. However, I will try to be a little more consistent in February!!!

1 comment:

Brooke & Freeland said...

Super cute! I love all the pictures! I need to post them on my blog as well! :) I had a great time hanging out while I was there!!!!!! Miss you friend