Friday, February 20, 2009

If my life were a soundtrack...

As a self-professed lover of music, I thought it would be fun to let you in on the soundtrack of my life currently. So here are the 5 songs right now that would compose my life soundtrack. They are in no way, shape or form are my favorite all-time songs, nor are they necessarily quality music. They are just those songs that I've been singing/listening to a lot lately, and therefore, remind me of memories I'm making during this time.

Important disclaimer: These are the songs that apply to my current life, as in Friday, February 20th at approximately 5:09 PM. My soundtrack has the potential to change monthly, if not daily.

Rachel's smashing soundtrack:

1. "All my single ladies/if you like it, then you shoulda put a ring on it" - Beyonce
*No matter what, this song makes me bounce and sing out loud. It also reminds me of my recent trip to Austin, and has become my answer to every question...interesting.

2. "Satisfy" - 10th Avenue North
*With this song, I'm "begging" God to be my everything and to not find my pleasure in the things of this world or my contentment in how well my life is going at the moment.

3. "Get higher" - Matt Nathanson
*I'm not really sure why this song's on my list other than the fact that it makes me smile and think of summer.

4. "You found me" - The Fray
*I l-o-v-e, love this song! The lyrics are so applicable to my life, and I love his voice.

5. "Circus" - Britney Spears
*I'm like a firecracker. I make it hot. Enough said. (Genius lyrics if you ask me.)

So there you have it. I could most likely go on and on, but I'm going to keep this one short and sweet.

P.S. Coming straight at you (as soon as I get myself organized) is a post detailing my super romantic Valentine's weekend with 2 of my favorite fousins (e and china). My trip to A-tizzown will be posted shortly. Stay tuned.

No comments: