Friday, October 8, 2010

stand up for your rights (to bowl).

So, this post is a bit overdue, but we had our BIG bowling tourney at work a few weeks ago and I knew I had to blog about it. I had heard many stories about the company bowling tournament and how it is the "event of the year" for our company, but I don't think I knew the magnitude until I actually experienced the craziness.

The tournament is about a 3-month process which includes the naming of team captains, multiple rounds of an "official draft," team themes, costumes, etc. Our team was designated the "Rasta Blastas," which was sort of an homage to Bob Marley. Other teams included "Lady Gaga," "Saved by the Bowl," and the "Gutter Gang," to name a few. Here are a few snaps from our pre-bowling festivities (burrito breakfast, trivia game, Wii bowling tournament, etc).




Our day of fun included the unveiling of our new branding which included a champagne toast (you can imagine my disappointment - ha). We may or may not have borrowed a bottle to have a team toast back at our desk. I think that was the loudest pop of a bottle I have ever witnessed.


We also were given swag bags stuffed with various items branded with our new identity. My favorite item would have to be the i-Pod shuffle in magenta pink...not too shabby.

Our very productive day ended with the actual bowling tournament. Thankfully, my team did not contain a single individual who had any competitive aspirations to actually do well, so my countless gutter balls didn't do much to dampen our spirits. We took multiple dance breaks and had a lot of fun.




Despite the fact that I'm fairly certain our team finished dead last, the day did not disappoint. I mean, any day that includes dressing up, drinking champagne and dancing in a bowling alley is a good day by me!

No comments: