Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Tasty Tuesdays: post #43

Hello blogworld and Happy Tuesday to you!

I'll skip the chit-chat and dive right into today's recipe. Growing up, I can remember many a lunch comprised of a grilled cheese sandwich. It wasn't until working at Sonic that I began adding additional components to my grilled cheese. Once I discovered the addition of tomatoes (and pickles, if I'm being completely truthful), I never went back to a plain grilled cheese ever again.

The sandwich recipe I'm featuring today is a far cry from the flattop grills at Sonic, but I think you will really enjoy the additional textures and flavors that I have brought into the basic cheese and bread combination. Feel free to experiment with different cheeses and deli meats to create your perfect flavor combination.

Glorious Grilled C.T.A. Sandwich


Ingredients:

1/2 green apple, thinly sliced
2 slices of bread, variety of your choice
2-3 slices deli turkey (or ham)
1 1/2 slices cheese (Cheddar, Havarti or Swiss), torn into strips
2-3 T butter

1. Heat about a 1/2 T butter in a skillet and saute apple slices until golden.

2. Butter both sides of each piece of bread. Line one piece of bread with half of the cheese. Top with turkey slices and arrange apple slices evenly over the turkey. Line the other piece of bread with the remaining cheese strips and place of the other half.

3. Melt another 1/2 T of butter in a skillet and grill sandwich on both sides until crispy.

I recommend serving this sandwich with a field green salad drizzled with balsamic vinegar and a glass of white wine. Cheers and have a terrifically Tasty Tuesday!

No comments: