Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Tasty Tuesdays: the 35th recipe

Greetings blog world and Happy Mardi Gras to you! I hope each of your weeks has started off well and that you all had a positively lovely Valentine's weekend. I sure did, but you'll have to wait for that post.

I don't know about you, but I absolutely adore shrimp. I love them in tacos, ceviche, in my baked shrimp dish and served over salads. But perhaps my most favorite way to enjoy shrimp is in its simplest form, straight up in a jumbo shrimp cocktail. If I'm being truthful, I can easily put away dozens of shrimp when served in this way.

Today's recipe is another way to serve shrimp as an appetizer if you're wanting to take it just a step above the traditional cocktail variation. It also happens to play into the Mardi Gras holiday since it features Old Bay seasoning which gives it a little kick and makes you think of New Orleans.

Simple Spicy Shrimp

Ingredients:
1 1b. shrimp (fresh or frozen is fine, just make sure it's thawed)
4-5 T. Old Bay seasoning
1 T. cayenne pepper
1 scant smidge of butter (how's that for a measurement)

1. Sprinkle Old Bay and cayenne pepper over shrimp making sure each piece is thoroughly coated.

2. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp and saute for approximately one minute.

3. Remove from pan and serve with cocktail sauce, salsa and/or hot sauce.

As you can see, this recipe couldn't be easier, but these little shrimpies are quite tasty and are a nice change of pace if you're looking for a super simple appetizer.

Until next time, have a Tasty Tuesday!

No comments: