Thursday, May 7, 2009

a very fousin brunch

This past Tuesday, I had the pleasure of hosting a little brunch at my humble abode for 2 of my dearest fousins (I know we've been through this before, but as a refresher: friends + cousins = fousins). We were lucky to be able to snag Lianna for the afternoon, who is in the final countdown of her wedding (to be celebrated in July), and Elisa was in town visiting. Michelle was also able to join us for some good old-fashioned fousin bonding before she is busy with a newborn and toddler...yikes! The girls were very excited upon viewing a very pregnant Michelle and continued to gush over her maternal glow. I couldn't agree with them more!

elisa and lianna, very excited to pose with preggers (and meredith)

Since brunch is the best meal of the day, I had no choice but to have the girls over for my standard brunch spread. You can't go wrong with a fresh veggie quiche, warm, gooey monkey bread, crisp bright fruit salad, strong coffee and a little fresh grapefruit or orange juice (with some bubbly if you aren't with child). We ate until our heart's content, per usual.

a shot of most of the food (my trademark quiche and monkey bread)

toasting to fousins and my pending job

I had the genius idea of asking Michelle to bring her wedding dvd (from almost 5 years ago). The girls hadn't seen it, so I thought it only appropriate and very fitting, in light of Lianna's upcoming nuptials, that we take a little trip down memory lane. There were definitely some funny moments, along with a lot of crazy dancing. It was quite entertaining to watch and I think it definitely got us excited for Lianna and Ed's wedding this summer.

the best group shot we could come up with (sorry Elisa)

Thanks so much for coming over fousins!!! I had the best time hosting y'all in my home and truly cherish the memories we have made together over the past 20+ years. Y'all are so dear to me, and I thank God for the blessing you are in my life. I love y'all more than all the cupcakes in the world!!!

No comments: