Saturday, May 30, 2009

thundercat's a go!!!

So, unless you've been living under a rock (or randomly read my blog - do I have any of those?), Meredith Hope has officially arrived (as opposed to unofficially). She came on Thursday, May 21st around 10:30 PM and weighed a mere 6 pounds, 11 ounces. She has a FULL head of BLACK hair...no kidding. I thought they put the wrong baby in the room when I first saw her. Let's just say I pictured little Meredith to have blonde hair and blue eyes. (Why? I have no idea. I can't help what my mind conjures up. It's out of my control.)

The scene went down much in the same way of Haylee's birth about 2 1/2 years ago. Michelle was induced due to low fluid levels (is that TMI?), and had a relatively quick labor and delivery. You may gasp to think that I would call one of the most grueling physical processes "quick," but I assure you that if you speak to Michelle directly, she would use similar terms to describe her experience. Here is a photo-op about 30 seconds before a major contraction...yikers!

michelle and I pre-delivery

My sister is quite the viking and refused drugs until she was at about a 6. I think it's because she was really hungry and didn't want to slow down the labor process. Once Michelle gave in to the drugs, it was only a matter of about 30 minutes that Meredith dropped and was ready to get some fresh air. When Nick came out to the waiting room to let us know she had arrived, I honestly thought he was kidding. It was so unbelievably quick from the time I left the room to the time MH breathed her 1st breath...crazy! I ran right in to get a good look in my beautiful niece. 10 fingers, 10 toes...and dark, dark hair. She was perfect!

Unfortunately, I had to work the next day, but I made sure to get up there to spend some quality time with mere-bear as soon as I got off work. Here are some shots from the day after she was born.

me with the new babe

reaching out to hold my hand (clearly)

the new mommy (for the 2nd time) and me

I couldn't be more excited for Meredith Hope's arrival, and I pray, more than anything, that she would seek Christ all the days of her life. I can't wait to see how God is going to use this new little muffin cake!

Hope you all have a super Saturday! I will be kickin' it in the kiddie pool with Hay - woo hoo!

No comments: