Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Pretty in Pink

Me with my beautiful sister

Yes, it's true, if you are connected to my life, you know that baby Meredith has officially graced us with her presence. However, since I'm SO behind on my blogging, I have to save that message until after I actually blog about the shower held in her honor.

The sign-in welcome table

So, in light of that fact, I will give you all the details (I'll be brief) on Michelle's and Meredith's "pretty in pink" shower. The festive occasion was held at Mrs. Kori Bailey's lovely home, and both her and Lyric helped me host the shower. They were a total God-send, and were such an amazing blessing to me (and Michelle).

We decorated with all different shades of pink - pink tulle, pink bottles, pink M&Ms (for Meredith of course), pink balloons, pink tablecloths, pink napkins, pink punch, pink cake...you get the idea. And since I'm all about the food, I insisted on having a full spread for the blessed event. I made spinach/artichoke dip, pizza pasta salad, broccoli salad, fruit salad, spicy shrimp w/cocktail sauce, chicken salad w/croissants (only thing I didn't make) and cucumber-tomato salad. Lyric made some amazing punch and strawberry cake balls, while Kori got the most perfectly yummy cake from the Cake Stand. Needless to say, the food was a definite crowd-pleaser. I mean, let's be honest, why else do you go to a shower?

Half of the spread

More yummy treats

Michelle and Haylee with the super cute and super yummy cake

We had a couple of games to keep the merriment going. As the guests arrived, they were instructed to cut a piece of ribbon to the exact length that they thought would fit around Michelle's belly. Some of the guestimations were beyond hilarious. I think our fousin Christina was estimated for triplets...so funny! Being the avid gamer I am, I also had to come up with a form of "baby Scattergories" to challenge the party attendees. I think my idea backfired because it ended up being more time-consuming for Michelle and everyone had to wait for her to finish...ha ha.

She got a lot of great gifts for Meredith, and a ton of sassy clothes to put the little muffin in. All in all, it was a great day and a very pink way to celebrate Michelle's pregnancy.

The hosts with the mommy-to-be

No comments: