Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Only in Texas

It was late Monday night and I was all tucked into bed when visions of tornado sirens danced in my head...yeah, you read that right! Tornado sirens were blaring in December. I thought I could rest easy in the winter, but apparently, not so. When I finally realized what was going on, I burst into the living room to find a frantic Crystal (okay, so she wasn't quite frantic, but it sounds good). Anyway, we turned the TV on and were informed (by a weatherman who had a frog in his throat - Crys, that was for you) that the storm was to the northeast of us. Nevertheless, it was quite unsettling. I mean a tornado in December, really? Really?

All this to say that as I'm driving home from work last night, I'm pretty sure it was sleeting. What? We had a tornado Monday night, and now it is sleeting Tuesday night? Only in Texas!

P.S. A BIG birthday shout-out goes to Peter today! Happy, happy birthday! I hope you have a great birthday and an even better year!!! Have some cake for me! :)

No comments: