In light of my recent posts that are dripping with selflessness, holiday cheer and encouraging quotes, I decided to go in a completely different direction with today's post. Enjoy!
There are many things that people don't agree with, facts about my life that I used to apologize for, but today, as a bit of personal blogging therapy, I'm going to make a personal declaration that I've accepted and am proud of these facts and will make no apologies for it. So, without further ado, here goes nothin':
1. I'm beyond proud for being born and raised in Texas. Many of your want to leave...you think things are too boring here...we're too conservative...I happen to be proud and I'm not sorry.
2. I have loads of students loans from college. I used to think I wouldn't get married because of these loans. I used to be embarassed to admit my debt. No more. Those loans contributed to an awesome experience in New York that is priceless. I will apologize no more.
3. I like Pei Wei...a lot...in fact, I could probably eat it every night. True story. No need to comment how there are many different cuisines that I should try...I like the vietnamese chicken salad rolls...deal with it.
4. I currently have a job that requires no higher level thinking...at all. I have duties that actually include taking out the trash at night. But I don't dread going to work every day, so I'm not sorry.
5. I rarely make my bed (Crystal and Meagan can vouch for that). I just don't and I probably never will. It seems unnecessary to me. Feel free to make yours. That's totally fine. I'm not knocking you. I'm just not sorry I don't.
6. I hate putting on make-up, so I now only do it on special occasions. This is my face - take it or leave it. I won't apologize.
7. I hate beer. Plain and simple. I used to pretend to like it, but couldn't figure out why. If I'm at a bar, I will order wine, and I'm not going to apologize for it. I like wine, and I loathe beer.
8. Speaking of bars, I don't like them. I would much rather hang out with my friends at someone's house, so I don't have to dodge the "overly friendly" (i.e. grabby) guys passing behind me. It's not fun, period.
9. If it's warm enough, I'm going to wear flip flops, regardless of the date. I don't care if you're not supposed to wear flip flops in the winter. I dress for the weather, not the day on the calendar.
10. Finally, I require a lot of sleep. I don't know what it is about me, but I simply don't function without an adequate number of hours in bed. You can call me lazy, slothful even, but I'm not sorry. It's just the way I was made.
So...if this sounded like a rant, you're probably right. I just needed to get some things of my chest, but from this day forward, I will never be sorry about any of these facts again. It is what it is. End of story.