Friday, August 9, 2013

friday funsies.

So I spotted this "Getting to Know You" quiz on another blog and thought I would have a little Friday fun and put it up on here for all my loyal readers. I'm talking to you, Dad and Elisa! (Oh, and China and Li as well!)

I answered this pretty quickly, so I wouldn't really consider my answers thoughtful or deep. It was really just the first thing that came to mind. If anyone else feels like wasting time, please do the quiz on your blog.

What was your favorite subject in school? English
What is your favorite flavor of jelly beans? Ummm...watermelon?
Which flavor of ice-cream do you prefer? nutella, coffee, and ameretto gelato from Old Bridge in Vatican City (oh yeah, I went there)
What do you think is your very best feature or characteristic? Probably that my anger subsides/ I can't stay mad for very long; also have a pretty good memory and strangely enough, I think I have super sonic hearing
What is your strongest talent? my ability to dominate board games (mostly scattergories and catch phrase)...oh, and some people like my baking (:
Do you play a musical instrument, if so which one(s)? I wish more than anything I could play the piano
What do you usually do when you have leisure time on your hands? read a book OR more than likely, take a nap. I am a world-class napper with a black belt in snoozing
What is your favorite season? SUMMER
If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go? probably Jerusalem
What is your favorite color? robin egg blue, coral, turquoise, emerald green, plum (oh wait, that's five)

What is your favorite food? Neapolitan-style pizza (with arugula and prosciutto if we're getting specific)
Do you prefer to wear pants or dresses? dresses, all day, every day
How many siblings do you have? just one beautiful seester

What is you favorite snack? yogurt, berries, or anything with salsa

Do you have pets? that would be a negative
What is your favorite sport to watch? gymnastics (or anything on the summer Olympics)

What was the last item you cooked and ate? roasted vegetables
How many books did you read last year? no clue...there were quite a few
Where did you spend your last vacation? ITALIA!!!!!

Are you ticklish? most definitely
What size shoe do you wear? 7.5

What age do you consider old? changes all the time
Do you like your handwriting? not particularly
What is your full name? Rachel Christine Lawrence, AKA Rachie, Rachie-chie, Cheech, Cheechers
Were you named after anyone? Jacob's favored wife (ha)

Have you ever been horseback riding? sure have, just rode this past new year's
Have you ever been water skiing? oh yeah, rocked those skis on lake LBJ - holler

Can you change a tire? Most definitely not
Is your room more clean or more messy? Neat and orderly - I detest clutter
Do you prefer a bath or a shower? How is this even a question? Shower
What do you prefer to drink with your morning meal? Mimosas...or coffee...or both
If you had to be stranded on a deserted island with one person, who would you want that one person to be? Jesus - is that an option?
Which animal would you most like for your pet? One that doesn't exist or perhaps a pet rock
Do you like sweet treats or salty treats? Combo of both...obsessed with kettle corn lately
Have you ever sung in the shower? Absolutely
Do you find it easy to save money? Extremely...it's much harder for me to spend it and that's not a facetious statement

Which do you prefer you had - straight or curly hair? curly when I want it and the exact type of curl I want...not to be particular or anything
What color eyes do you most like? pale blue
What would you say is your normal exercise routine? Walking to and from the parking lot. (a very sad truth)

Have you ever had acrylic nails? Ha, yes, one time in Cali. It was a tragic mistake.
Do you like to dance? Do I like to breathe?
Do you save trinkets and mementos? no. I used to, but this goes back to that hatred of clutter statement I made
Do you like drinking from the cup or a straw? straw
Do you like ice in your cold beverages? if it's special Sonic ice
What is your favorite sandwich? PB&J with banana (for real)
Do you carry floss in your purse? sometimes
Where is the farthest you have ever traveled? Positano, Italy

Which family member do you most resemble? the pops
Which family member are you more like? got characteristics of them both
What is the weirdest thing that has ever happened to you? breaking both my wrists at the same time was pretty weird

Do you live in a house, trailer or apartment, etc.? hizzouse
Have you ever won anything? If so, what did you win? I won the jackpot lotto--just not telling anyone. oh wait...

Do you prefer mountainous or flat regions? mountains
What is your favorite book?  The Great Divorce and Quo Vadis
Name all of the pets you have ever had? Tigger, Oreo, and a couple beta fish - I think their names were Noah (or was it Moses?) and Crystal
Do you mow the lawn at your residence? nope, but someone sure needs to trim that jungle. whoops a daisies
Have you ever been in a musical drama or play? If so, what was it? yes siree, bob! I was in all the plays in grade school and was also in Annie. I was a non-descript orphan

What is your favorite childhood memory? probably playing tickle monster with my dad or all the birthdays that my mom made so special
Have you ever been hospitalized other than when you were born? ha - that is an affirmative. jaw surgery and the 'ole bilateral fractures

What is your favorite fruit? strawbizzles and cherries
What color of clothing do you most like to wear? jewel tones or coral
What is your favorite cereal? Reeses puffs (yes, I am a 7-year-old) and Quaker oatmeal squares
What is your favorite breakfast? monkey bread on Christmas morning. so bad, but so good

What is the longest car trip you have ever taken? Probably from Texas to Minnesota
Do you know how to iron your clothes? does putting them in the dryer count?
Can you sew a button on your clothing? yeah, about that...sadly, no


In other news, China Claus is coming to town and I can't wait to see this girl's beautiful face. 




Whatever you got cookin' this weekend, I hope it's beautiful and filled with love.

2 comments:

elisa said...

I LOLed multiple tiempos on this one. Thanks for the laughs and for being your awesome Cheechly self. Miss you and sooooo AMPED to see you soon!!! Let's go to salt lick! And have mimosas!!! Let's live the DREAM!!!! xoooooo

RL said...

thanks, E. it was fun answering those questions. i miss you tons and am totally jazzed to see your face. we are SOOOO frequenting salt lick, and having mimosas, and getting grove pizza, and LIVING THE DREAM. l-o-v-e, love you!