Tuesday, May 22, 2012

mere-bear turns 3.

First of all, a very huge and happy belated birthday to Miss Meredith Hope.  Yesterday marked the anniversary of her third year on this earth and time completely got away from me so I am posting a day late (but hopefully not a dollar short).  I cannot believe it has been three years since I first laid eyes on our little senorita.  One look at her head full of dark hair and I thought they brought the wrong baby into the room, but after careful observation of her stellar dance skills, I know she is in the right family.

This past Saturday, we celebrated Mere's birth with a "My Little Pony" pool party extravaganza.  (okay, maybe not so much an extravaganza, but I liked the way it sounded).  Anyway, Michelle commissioned my baking skills to whip up something special for the occasion and I was happy to oblige...but more on that later.







The birthday girl was in rare form when she greeted me pre-party, so I took advantage of her present temperament and went paparazzi on her.  I absolutely die at how old she looks in these pics.  I know I am her aunt (and therefore totally and unabashedly biased), but I think she is one of the prettiest little girls I have ever seen.  Would you take a look at those big brown eyes and sweet curls?







Once the party guests started to arrive, it was a flurry of splashes, ruffles, water wings and polka dots.  I so remember swimming as a kid and never wanting to get out of the pool.  Watching these kids on Saturday really took me back and I felt like I was watching my sister and me.  It was very surreal...



We took a quick pool break and refueled with pizza -- one of the birthday girls favorite foods. 




Once we got that out of the way, it was time to blow out the candles on the aforementioned cake.  Michelle requested a simple butter recipe yellow cake with chocolate buttercream filling and a traditional buttercream icing.  And of course, there were individual cups of Blue Bell ice cream to go with the cake.  It just wouldn't be a pool party without some Blue Bell.







We hung outside and swam for nearly 5 hours and the girls were none too pleased to finally be forced out of the water.  I tried my darnedest to get a pic with the birthday girl, but only Haylee would comply...c'est la vie.

So here's to a new year in your little life, Meredith Hope.  Despite your stubborness and the fact that you can be a little toot, I am so very grateful to be your aunt and wouldn't trade you for anything in the world.  You are a ball full of energy and as someone who is rather independent herself, I have to appreciate your desire to "make your own path."  I love you so much, Mere-bear, and pray God's richest blessings on you as you journey from 3 to 4.

HAPPY 3RD BIRTHDAY!!!

1 comment:

elisa said...

happy birthday, Mere!!!! That party looked so vintage awesome. There's nothing like the perfect combo of bathing suited little kiddos, the appetite only swimming in the hot texas sun can bring, pizza to provide more swimming energy, and cake and ice cream to cap it off. LOVE that y'all had the bluebell mini cups. That is SO our childhood and I love it! Beautiful cake as always, Rachie!!!! And the instagram is still killin it! Great work! Love all you texas girls and miss you!