Friday, November 5, 2010

trick or treat.

This was the year of costumes for me as I had not one, not two, but three costumes to come up with for Halloween this year. I'll keep this post brief in terms of words and just let the pictures do the talking.

For work, I put Haylee's costume collection to good use and dressed up as Minnie Mouse. I realize this is rather lame as I borrowed the ears from my niece and didn't do a whole lot else, but trust me when I say I really contemplated trying on the accompanying Minnie Mouse dress, but figured I would have most certainly ripped that bad boy. Needless to say, I didn't win the costume contest, but at least I made an effort.


Moving on to Saturday night (yes, I skipped a very important activity that occurred during that day at 13,800 feet, but that's for another post), I stifled my creativity once again and just went with an old standby: hollywood starlet/20s flapper. Hey, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. It served its purpose for the party I was attending.





Finally, on the official day of Halloween, I had plans to attend a party at an airport hangar. I had been betwixt and befuddled as to what sort of aviation-themed costume I would put together, but my previous day's activity provided me with the perfect ensemble. My fellow aviation-themed attendee was none other than the ghost of Amelia Earhart. She definitely won the costume contest in my book.




In between tearing up the dance floor, we made sure to take full advantage of our location and availed ourselves to ample Kodak moments.









Speaking of dancing, we danced our faces off and by we, I mean Christy, Natalie and myself. We got that party started like a Black-eyed Peas song and the club couldn't even handle us right now. It took at least an hour of non-stop boogying for us to finally get some dance partners in the form of Mr. Potato Head, Big Bird and a generic karate kid. But I give them major props for holding their own against our stellar moves (ha ha). You will note in the pictures below that I had to "lose" part of my costume on account that there was a "fire burnin', fire burnin' on the dance floor." It was hotter than ten shades of hades, but that didn't keep me from cuttin' a rug.



All in all, it was a jam-packed Halloween weekend, but I had a total blast and I was thrilled to have an excuse to dress up three times. Hope your Halloween was equally filled with tricks and a whole lotta treats.

No comments: