Tuesday, November 2, 2010

tale as old as time.

Yes, I am WAY behind on posts and yes, I should let bygones be bygones and just forgo trying to catch up, but I like a challenge so I'm not going to let a little thing like time keep me from sharing Princess Haylee's birthday party, my sister's birthday festivities and my once-in-a-lifetime flight experience. But I'm getting way ahead of myself, so first things first: Haylee's Disney Princess Party.

As documented previously on the blog, Haylee Grace celebrated her 4th birthday a few weeks ago and to mark this most momentous occasion, she had an all-out Disney Princess Party. If you have spent any time with Haylee at all, you would know this was a no-brainer for her as she rarely opts for normal clothes if given the option to be in one of her many princess get-ups. I happen to love this about her and was thrilled that I had an excuse to dress up as a princess myself. I think my sister originally assumed the kids would be the only ones to dress up, but I was all over the opportunity to throw on a tiara and a little tulle number. Haylee chose to be Belle for the big shindig and her sister was the cutest little brunette Tinkerbell you ever laid eyes on.









The princess decorations were in no short supply and Michelle had a fabulous Cinderella cake made for the birthday girl. There were plenty of snacks fit for a princess, a trampoline to bounce to their hearts content, a princess pinata jammed with sugary delights and Disney tunes providing some very appropriate mood music.












The birthday girl and all her loyal subjects looked absolutely fabulous in their royal attire. The princess was also lavished with gifts from all the royal kingdom. She received several additions to her already sizable princess costume collection, but I don't think you can ever really have too many poufy dresses (especially when they are a standard part of your everyday wardrobe).


After the party, there was a gorgeous sunset, so we just had to take advantage of the kodak moment.





It was a fabulous princess party, practically perfect in every way. Happy Birthday (again) Princess Haylee! I had a blast at your princess party and look forward to dressing up with you again.

No comments: