Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Tasty Tuesdays: numero 3-7

Happy March to you readers! How on earth have we already breezed right into the third month of 2010? I feel like at the rate we're going, before I know it, we'll be sailing right on through summer and into the holiday season. Can someone please stop this train I'm on? No?

While I could go on discussing time-related issues until the cows come home, that is simply not the subject of this post. You (all two of you) are here to expand your culinary arsenal of righteous recipes, and I am here to deliver.

I recently became aware (as in about five minutes ago) that the Oscars are scheduled for this Sunday, March 7 (which also happens to be the date of birth for my dear friend Crystal). If you are attending a watching party or just want to whip up a little snack-a-roo for yourself, today's recipe will certainly fit the bill. It is a little bit classier than your standard party fare (i.e. queso, chips, etc.), so I think it is quite appropriate for an Oscar party.

Garlicky White Bean Dip

Ingredients:
1 can white beans (cannellini or Great Northern), partially drained
1/4 C chopped onion
1/8 C grated Parmesan cheese
1 garlic clove, chopped fine
salt and pepper to taste

1. Combine white beans, onion, cheese, garlic, salt and pepper in a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth.

2. Spoon mixture into a serving bowl and serve at room temperature.


How's that for an easy recipe? I suggest serving this dip with garlic pita chips and sliced cucumber.

Cheers and have a Tasty Tuesday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds yummy...how come I haven't had the pleasure of trying this yet? Must I make it myself? OK, no problem...it's difficulty level is just about my speed...