Thursday, April 9, 2009

keep it a-cookin'

Well, as you might imagine, Michelle's tummy is getting quite large as she is almost 7 1/2 months prego. No doubt about it, "her eggo is prego" and "she is 4 shizz up the spout." This picture provides all the proof you need that little Meredith is cookin' away in Michelle's oven. Keep it a-cookin'. (Wow, are the Juno references getting out of control?)
Michelle with Meredith Hope in her tummy

I can't believe it was 7 months ago (the day of my infamous Margaritaville birthday party) that she found out she was expecting her 2nd child. I still can't comprehend that my sister has one girl, much less is about to be the mother of two! Where did the time go? Wasn't it just yesterday that we were going to Wet 'n Wild on a daily basis, fighting over the backseat on road trips, doing gymnastics together, dancing to *NSYNC, singing loud in the car, making ridiculous music videos to the Spice Girls, watching countless movies upstairs (while Mom & Dad yelled at us to turn them down)...sometimes I wish I could go back to those days and appreciate them for what they were. Nonetheless, I am beyond proud of my sister for the amazing wife and mother she has become. She blows me away with her patient spirit and loving heart. Tears come to my eyes as I think about how lucky Haylee is, and Meredith will be, to have her as their mom. I love you sissy, and can't imagine how empty my life would be without you!
can you feel me Meredith?

On a lighter note, the same day those pictures were taken, I had also made Haylee a cupcake cake for her "1/2 birthday." You don't turn 2 1/2 everyday, so I thought it was only appropriate to celebrate the best way I know how - with a sugary sweet baked good. Haylee takes after her Aunt Chie-Chie in regards to her sweet tooth. She can spot cake and/or cupcakes a mile away, and has radar for icing. I LOVE that we have this in common. People who don't like sweets just irritate me quite frankly, so I'm glad I don't have to worry about HG! I love you more than all the cupckes in the world Haylee Grace! You will forever be my Pearl!
Haylee and I doing what we do best...eating sweets!

No comments: