Friday, April 24, 2009

"easters" 2009

It is with sincerest apologies that I begin this long overdue post, and no, adding an "s" onto the word easter was not a typo. It was deliberate and my intention...somehwat of an inside joke. However, that is neither here, nor there. This post is about 2 weeks overdue, so let's get down to business.

A preview of Easter fashion modeled by Pearl

Easter morning was an early one for me. Crystal and I had greeting duty at Watermark and were supposed to check-in at 7:15...yikes! We braved the wind, cold and rain to make it there, but we were on time, and ready for the Easter rush. We greeted the first 2 services, and left without a minute to spare. I had to run home, grab my goods, and head to Michelle and Nick's for Easter brunch.

just a little coloring break at the table

The menu included spinach dip, maple-glazed ham, quiche, asparagus, corn pudding, spinach souffle, crescent rolls, fruit salad and mimosas...yum! We ate...and ate...and ate, until we couldn't eat anymore. After we stuffed ourselves, we spent some time outside on Haylee's new swingset and fort that Nick built...true story.

we're never too old (or big) for a swingset

Haylee on her brand new swings

We did attempt to play Taboo and a few rounds of catch phrase, but it should come as no surprise that I got pretty rowdy and left the table after reaching complete frustration with my team for failing to get the phrase "fingers crossed." Seriously, who doesn't know what phalanges are? I did eventually apologize for my outburst, and we ended up playing for a while longer without actual teams. (What's the point of that?)

Michelle with baby Meredith in the oven

our comical attempt at a group family photo

After my parents left, Michelle and I had somewhat of a mini movie marathon and watched Marley & Me and The Wedding Planner. We also had our fair share of the cake I made for Easter. It was a vanilla cake with a raspberry filling and buttercream icing. I must admit that I probably ate about 3 pieces...but I swear I didn't eat any Easter candy, so it all balances out, right???

the sugar-coated finale to a fun family day

All in all, it was a blessed day, and I'm so grateful I got to spend it with my family. We're not perfect, by any means, but with God's grace, we are a family that is there for eachother through thick and thin...and I love each one of them more than they know.

No comments: