Thursday, November 27, 2008

Undeserving...

As I was rushing into Walmart last night to retrieve my 2nd graham cracker crust of the day (the first one became unsalvageable after crumbling into my sink), I'm ashamed (and humbled) to admit that I was complaining to myself about how many times I had been to the store over the past 2 days (4 trips to be exact). WOW! What a problem I had to deal with...in the midst of so much suffering in the world: poverty, war, disease, greed, hunger, corrupt leaders, genocide - I could go on, I was genuinely upset over having to frequent a mass retailer multiple times. I was once again reminded how quickly I am to lose perspective. During the holiday season, we are often so caught up in the rush that perspective goes right out the window. So, in the spirit of thanksgiving, I will be grateful for 26 things in my life (to correspond with the 26 years I have lived):
1. my dear sister Michelle, who also happens to be my best friend - I honestly don't know what I'd do without her and I am forever grateful to be able to count her as one of my biggest blessings!
2. my precious family - parents who are still married, 2 sweet grandmas, aunts & uncles, amazing fousins (friends + cousins = fousins)
3. Haylee Grace, my 2-year old niece who has injected me with new life
4. my future nephew/niece to be born in June - I'm so grateful for your future life
5. my health
6. my eyesight that allows me to see amazing sunsets, gorgeous flowers and my beautiful friends & family
7. my new apartment w/my new roomie crystal - thanks for being a loyal friend since I was 8 years old
8. my education - so many in this world are unable to even receive an elementary education - what a luxury I have been given to make it through college
9. Watermark community church - the pastor, staff and members have taught me the meaning of being a Christian - we are to be like Christ in that we seek to serve, not be served!
10. faith, hope and love
11. redemption
12. 2 functioning legs that allow me to walk, run, jump and dance
13. Andi - my trusty old civic - she might not be much to look at, but i'm so fortunate to have a functioning auto
14. falling gas prices :)
15. trials in my life - james 1:12
16. my inspiring, loyal and steadfast friends - kori, hailey, cryssie, meg, stal, brookie, my sissy, michael -- you mean the world to me
17. a good bottle of white wine & a cheap bottle of champagne
18. black beans from Gloria's
19. TEXAS
20. chapstick
21. my comfy bed
22. a dishwasher & washing machine
23. starbucks coffee
24. my hearing - it allows me to enjoy music, carry on a conversation & know when I need to shut my mouth
25. coke zero & diet dr pepper
26. my future - i'm grateful that the Lord know the plans that he has for me, plans to give me a hope and a future!

May you have much to be grateful for - whether big or small! And may we seek to serve this holiday season!

1 comment:

Amber said...

where is pei wei on your list!!