Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Is anybody out there?

Wow wowie wow! If there is anybody out there still reading this, I sincerely apologize for my almost 2-month hiatus from the blogging world. I must admit that I've been somewhat of a nomad, so that's my excuse. I've been living with my sister for aboout 2 months, and it seems that any routine tasks I used to be accustomed to doing have gone right out the window. However, I am back to fill you in on life lately...

I had an awesome birthday party to celebrate my 26 years on this earth. It was themed "Rachel's Margaritaville" and included a margarita recipe contest that I presided as the judge over. I had all my best friends there, and was SO much fun. Here are some pics from the festivities:






After my birthday came Haylee's 2nd birthday. We had a fun day playing at the mall and having dinner & cake at Nick and Michelle's. These past 2 months have been so special in that Haylee and I have gotten to spend so much time together. We have danced, laughed, sang and hugged it out. I love her so much and can't imagine what it's like to actually be a parent. That kind of love is unfathomable.








We also quasi-celebrated my sister's birthday, but unfortunately, she wasn't quite feeling up to par on her birthday....so...I don't even have pictures from the celebration because she refused to let me take any pictures. What can ya do? Nonetheless, here's a super belated shout out to my sister: HAPPY 29TH BIRTHDAY!!! You've got one year left to enjoy your 20s...YIKES!
There were various other things going on as well. Meagan celebrated her 25th birthday with a fiesta at Chuy's. We had a pinata, courtesy of Crys. It was a lot of fun!
Halloween was a fun time with a big dinner party at Blake & Hailey's house. I was a desperate housewife...go figure!
I also attended Cole's (Lyric and RT's son) 1st birthday party. The theme was "Who Stole the Cookie from the Cookie Jar?" Everything was super cute, and Cole was even wearing a tie! That same day we also celebrated my mom's birthday. We surprised her with dinner at Mi Cocina and had cake at Michelle's afterward. We even got the Christmas season started a little bit early and watched "It's a Wonderful Life" that night. What can I say? We're suckers for the Christmas movies!
This past weekend was Haylee's 2nd birthday party (a month and a half late). It was a Hello Kitty themed party. They had a mini bounce house, but Haylee was apparently quite terrified of the prospect so she wouldn't actually get in. It was pretty funny! She got some fun toys, and everyone had a great time.
So...aside from my daily life, that's about it. I'm SO looking forward to the holidays, but I'm already loathing the drop in temperatures...yes, 60 degrees is too chilly for me...ha ha!
I hope as Thanksgiving approaches, you are all truly blessed beyond belief. May we seek to serve, not be served!


No comments: