Saturday, November 29, 2008

dream a little dream

So...since I am in somewhat of a perpetual career transition lately, people have been asking me a lot about my dream job. What makes me tick? If I could do anything, what would it be? Seriously? I'm incredulous! How on earth do I know what my dream job is if I haven't done it yet? Does anyone know what their dream job is until they know what it isn't? It is my firm belief that until you have done something, you don't know whether or not you like it. That makes sense, right? What could seem like the perfect job might be something very different altogether. In reality, it could involve crotchety clients, endless paperwork, intricate excel spreadsheets (my nemesis), ungodly hours and a loathsome boss. How do you know until you try?

In all honesty, my dream job involves interaction with people, where my efforts ultimately contribute to something positive for the world's population, where I feel appreciated and I don't dread going to it in the morning. I don't feel that's a lot to ask, but I haven't found it yet. I'm open to suggestions, and I feel I'm very open-minded to all job prospects/possibilities. I don't seek money, fame or power. I seek to make a difference. I seek to make my life matter, and since we spend a majority of our life working, I think its important that my work means more than just deriving a paycheck.

So, faithful reader, what's your dream job? If you could do anything, what would it be? Remember, we can't take any money, material possessions, status or fame with us, so where do you want to invest your efforts? Towards what cause do you want to be working?????

No comments: