Saturday, August 4, 2007

You would have thought it was my wedding...

RL here, wrapping up the festivous week that was Kori and Jon's wedding. The title of my blog really says it all in that not only was I a total wreck, crying at the drop of a hat from the beginning of the day right up to the last dance I had with my dad at the reception, but also, I had such an amazing time, I can't imagine the bride and groom enjoying everything more than I did!!!

I'll start from the beginning: we were just a touch late getting to the church via limo bus, so we had to hurry to get dressed and we experienced a few minor dress catastrophes along the way...luckily, mine had been expertly tailored and I actually felt good in it (despite the fact that it was too long and I had convinced myself that I was going to take a dive on my way down the aisle) -- a miracle! Kori finally donned her beautiful wedding gown that fit like an exquisite glove -- it was to die for! She looked flawless, and I knew Jon was going to be absolutely blown away! I couldn't wait. My absolute favorite part of every wedding is watching the groom behold his bride for the 1st time. It is such a special moment and I almost feel like I'm eavesdropping in on an incredibly intimate moment...but I'm getting ahead of myself! We rushed to take a few quick photos before the wedding at which point I found myself fighting back the tears. Just seeing my best friend as a bride was overwhelming! I couldn't believe we were all grown up. It was a reality that was far too much for my brain to wrap around. We headed back to the bridal suite (and I ate a granola bar...a very important detail) and just waited to be summoned by the overly eager staff at Prestonwood -- that's all I'll say about that!



The beautiful bride in her gown!



The beautiful bride and me



Lindsey, Kay and I pre-ceremony




The wedding processional began and I, again, found myself fighting back the tears. What the heck was wrong with me? I don't know, but I can tell you that I probably cried enough tears to last me until the end of the year -- I reached my quota for the year at this wedding alone. I was absolutely incredulous at my emotional breakdown! Anyway, I made my way down the aisle to a little diddy being played by an absolutely gorgeous string quartet, the best I've heard. The floral arrangements on the pews and at the altar were stunning and truly eye-catching. I made it to the stairs without tripping, but I found myself almost going into convulsions from crying and had to tell myself to take deep breaths...if this is how I was at my friend's wedding, what the hezzie am I going to do at mine, hypothetically speaking as I may or may not get married...but I digress!

And so, it was Kori's turn to come down the aisle and good gosh, did she make a grand entrance! I turned my head toward Jon and saw tears streaming down his face. He was absolutely mesmerized and I sensed that he might also be thinking that this is how Christ feels about us...that we are the bride of Christ and if he (Jon) feels that way about Kori, he (Jon) could only imagine how much more God feels about us. I may be over-analyzing, but I sensed that the ceremony was so much more than an earthly, superficial thing. Either way, I began to lose it once again (not that I had it together at any point), but it was absolutely one of the most beautiful ceremonies I have witnessed. Jeff Benward sang a traditional hymn, "Be Now my Vision," which was so moving and inspired. I was truly touched. Then, it was time for the groom to kiss the bride, and he definitely did...or should I say, Kori did when she pulled him to her...it was too funny.

After the Miss become a Mrs., we took pictures and then were whisked away to the reception at Arlington Hall @ Lee Park in the fabulous limo bus...stay tuned for reception details...the place was on fire!



Me and Lauren on the limo bus


Me and Lindsey having a beverage on the limo bus

No comments: