Thursday, August 2, 2007

Going to the salon, and we're gonna get pretty...

I'm back and ready to write away! I wrapped up the day before the wedding (still on Kori and Jon's wedding...no worries) festivities in my previous blog, so now it's on to the day of the wedding preparations...

Naturally, we (as in the bridal party) needed to spend 6 1/2 hours at an uptown salon in order to get sufficiently pretty. It was definitely a marathon, but a superfun way to spend our last hours with Kori before she was married. We started the morning right with mimosas, scones and a Starbucks order that made her dad's head spin. He was so nice to drop us off at the salon and make a Starbucks run for all of us high maintenance girls!

While at the DeNova Salon, every one of her bridesmaids, her bridal attendants and her flower girls were all treated to getting our hair done, and the older girls all had our makeup done by a makeup artist. It was such a scrutinized process that I think I had to have my eye makeup done and re-done 3 or 4 times. I was feeling more like a drag queen than an understated, but elegant bridesmaid. Nonetheless, it all worked out and I felt really good about my hair and makeup (I'm sure you were incredibly concerned). Kori, of course, looked absolutely stunning and I think it was around this time that I started to get emotional. But we didn't have time for tears just yet because the limo bus had arrived to pick us up and take us to the church...until next time...








No comments: