Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Kori and Jon's Wedding: Pre-wedding festivites part deux

RL here, back for another tasty blog bringing you the details of Kori and Jon's highly anticipated nuptials. I know you are just dying for me to get to the actual wedding, but you'll just have to wait...
The Rehearsal and Rehearsal Dinner took place on Friday night just a short time after the Bridal luncheon was concluded. I was able to enjoy a relaxing manicure and pedicure with the downtime in between, but ended up having to rush because I was sent on an emergency errand to retrieve the all important sharpie markers to sign the ginormous picture of the flawless couple. Anyway, that's really neither here nor there, just a mudane detail that I felt compelled to randomly include. Back to the rehearsal. It was held (obviously) at the chapel in Prestonwood. It was quite a thorough run-through and I was relieved because I don't know if I could have walked down the aisle without some substantial practice. Do you sense the ever-present (but always appreciated) sarcasm? I hope so. Anyway, once we had thoroughly rehearsed for the ceremony, it was off to an outdoor fiesta.
The Rehearsal Dinner was (for the most part) in Peter and Star Miranda's backyard. Their house and backyard was amazing to say the least. We were promptly treated to frozen margaritas out of the margarita machine and began noshing on the standard mexican appetizer fare. Before we could really get our eat on, we were ushered back into the house to watch the 10-year history of Kori and Jon's relationship...okay, that may have sounded like the video was rather lengthy, but in reality, it was fairly brief. After that, it was back outside to stuff our faces with beef and chicken fajitas, beans, rice and cinnamon icecream. Once we were sufficiently bloated, the toasts began...and didn't exactly end for roughly 2 hours. I think everyone said something about the soon-to-be Mr. and Mrs. Jon Bailey. It was very sweet, and I was a complete basketcase...but it was nothing compared to the mess I was on the actual wedding day...stay tuned!



The beautiful couple



Practice makes perfect!



No comments: