Monday, November 19, 2012

all that glitters is gold.

As if celebrating in Italia wasn't enough, I also toasted three decades with a little dance party of sorts.  Since I was 30 on the 30th, it was my golden birthday, so naturally, gold was the name of the game (or theme, in this case).









My hosts did a beautiful job decorating and supplying a delicious spread.  There were also many a corks to pop that evening as the champagne was flowing...but what else would you expect for 30?





But let's be real, the primary purpose for this little shin-dig was to put our wood floors to good use in the way of a dance party.  From the moment I laid eyes on this house, I knew this living room was MADE to be a dance floor and I was only too happy to fulfill it's calling in life.  We danced for probably 3+ hours straight and have to shout out to Meagan and Crystal who held it down the entire time.


A non-stop dance party, champagne, good food, and great company=more than I could ask for.  I am truly blessed and all that glitters is most certainly gold.





And just to make sure all celebrations were documented, I also got to enjoy a birthday dinner the night before my party with those nearest and dearest to me.  It was such a wonderful treat to have this special time and with the way 30 started, it looks to be a great decade.



I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.

John 10:10b

You will make known to me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; In Your right hand there are pleasures forever.
Psalm 16:11

No comments: