Thursday, August 30, 2012

thankful thursdays.

My how time flies. Based on an assessment of my last four posts, it would appear this is a blog of thanksgiving and truth be told, I don't think that is such a bad thing.  While I struggle to find the time to craft a thoughtful post, it is quite easy to find a few things to my thankful for, so I think this series will be sticking around.

It is no secret I love the psalms and it's no surprise that a "man after God's own heart" dedicated much of his poetry to the theme of thanksgiving to the Lord.  I love that no matter what is going on in this life, I can still find things to smile about and be grateful for if I open myself up to receive that grace.

Psalm 26:7 - That I may proclaim with the voice of thanksgiving And declare all Your wonders.

Psalm 95:2 - Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving, Let us shout joyfully to Him with psalms.

This past week, I have been grateful for:

1. perfect little cherry tomatoes perched on top of pesto-covered bread, adorned with cheese, and drizzled with olive oil  (I might have had one or 10)


2. beautiful friends with which to commune with (over the aforementioned bruschetta)


What were the bright spots in your week?  What made you reflect on God's goodness and pointed you back to Him?  Do share.

2 comments:

elisa said...

o m g. that bruschetta looks so bomb. i am thankful for nieces! Sophia saying "i love you" of her own accord and Maddy smiling because apparently she was born to smile and smile she will come what may. pure loveliness from Heaven. God is good. Love you, Rachie!

RL said...

i can confirm the bruschetta was the bomb diggity. thank you for sharing your thanks. cannot wait to meet the little Maddy bear in person!!